Trouble getting SLD working

Suddaby, Rod RSuddaby at NRCAN.GC.CA
Thu Apr 28 18:04:30 EDT 2005

Hi Bart,
Yes, Mapserver operates fine with the exception of the SLD.
The GetCapabilities responds with (with respect to SLD):
<UserDefinedSymbolization SupportSLD="1" UserLayer="0" UserStyle="1"
RemoteWFS="0"/>
and the 'request=getStyles' request reports back fine as well (indicating
the styles I set in the CLASS block).

Using the CLASS block without the SLD works as expected, too. (BTW, under
normal circumstances will the SLD override the CLASS specified in the map
file?)

The '&style=' parameter makes no difference whether it is present or not.

Does Mapserver have a debug mode where I could trace what is going on
internally?

Still stumped,

Rod.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bart van den Eijnden [mailto:bartvde at xs4all.nl]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:26 PM
To: Rod Suddaby; MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Trouble getting SLD working

Hi Rod,

I can't see anything obvious wrong with what you are doing.

A few questions:

-is your WMS GetCapabilities working?

-does the LAYER work without an SLD, ie when you specify a CLASS?

-does it work if you leave out the style parameter in the request?

-your WMS request is not a full WMS request, it should contain a BBOX,
WIDTH, HEIGHT and SRS (among others). But Mapserver seems to be leniant
towards this and probably uses MAP file values.

Best regards,
Bart

1&request=getMap&layers=provinces&styles=&sld=http://localhost/test_sld.xml