Labeling - Can you truncate a numeric type to not show decimals

Thu Apr 28 19:06:54 EDT 2005

Sorry Steve, you can't explicitly control that, you must preprocess the
attributes.

Steve

>>> Steve Lehr <lehrs at ERAU.EDU> 04/28/05 1:30 PM >>>
Hey guys - I have a topographical map and the elevation number in the
.dbf
file is defined to be a numeric field with 5 decimals:  ELEVATION
N     18        5

Is there a way to simply truncate the decimals below for the field
ELEVATION that I wish to label.

LABELITEM (int) ELEVATION

:-)

I'm using CGI Mapserver and map files.  Or do I have to create a new
.dbf
and add a field to the .dbf of type N with no decimals and populate it
with
a script - i.e. scrub the file.

LAYER
  NAME topo