Python mapscript

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Sat Aug 20 10:03:37 EDT 2005

On Aug 19, 2005, at 2:07 PM, Brundage, Robert G wrote:

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
> understand
>
> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C5A4F9.A6F92066
>
> Hello:
> I am new Mapserver and following along in the 'Web Mapping
> Illustrated' book
> by Tyler Mitchell.
>
> I cannot get the basic python script to run.
>
>  	Import mapscript
> 	mapfile = "Bob.map"
> 	mapobect =  mapscript.mapObj(mapfile)
>
> The above code gives an error:   AttributeError:  'module' object has
> not
> attribute 'mapObj'.
>
> I am using Python Active build 245

mapscript is not a standard Python module, and is not included with
ActivePython. You will need to build it, or download a binary. Frank
Warmerdam's FWTools contains mapscript for Python 2.3

     http://fwtools.maptools.org

and Howard Butler is doing something similar for Python 2.4

     http://hobu.biz/software/hobutools

cheers,
Sean

--