Python mapscript

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at SHAW.CA
Sun Aug 21 23:23:30 EDT 2005

On August 19, 2005 01:07 pm, Brundage, Robert G wrote:
> Hello:
> I am new Mapserver and following along in the 'Web Mapping Illustrated'
> book by Tyler Mitchell.
>
> I cannot get the basic python script to run.
>
>  	Import mapscript
> 	mapfile = "Bob.map"
> 	mapobect =  mapscript.mapObj(mapfile)
>
> The above code gives an error:   AttributeError:  'module' object has not
> attribute 'mapObj'.
>
> I am using Python Active build 245

Hi Robert,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble.  I assume you are running this as a
script and not interactively in the Python shell.  Further to Sean's note,
how did you install MapScript?  Did you use one of the MapScript binary
sources listed on page 277?  If so, please let us know.

All the best,
Tyler