Handling multiple maps hierarchically

Steven Monai stevem at SPATIALMAPPING.COM
Mon Aug 22 11:21:43 EDT 2005

Tamas:

MapServer has both WMS server and client capabilities. Therefore, if you
configure your maps as WMS services, you can create an "overview" map that
composes those services as raster layers, much as you suggest. The idea of
having a tileindex of maps won't work though, since tileindexes only work
for local rasters or shapefiles (AFAIK).

Hope this helps,
-SM