multiple legends revisited

joanne cook j.cook at OXFORDARCH.CO.UK
Wed Aug 24 08:41:44 EDT 2005

Hi List,

A few weeks ago I enquired about how to get multiple legends from a single map, so that I can have a html legend on my main map and a standard legend on my print-friendly map. Someone kindly suggested that I use the wms getlegendgraphic request, and that works, but only up to a point, which is probably my limited understanding rather than a problem with the method!

As far as I can tell, since the getlegendgraphic request only refers to a single layer, so I need to call it separately for each layer, and it will show regardless of whether the layer is on or off, OR I have to write in some more complicated code adding in some conditional statements about what should be displayed. However, I notice in my temp file that a standard legend is being created anyway- so my question is, how do I reference that?

Thanks

Jo

Joanne Cook
Information Systems Coordinator