Rendering and EPSG problem?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 30 12:34:31 EDT 2005

On 8/29/05, Chau,Philip [PYR] <Philip.Chau at ec.gc.ca> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm getting an error when I add a Demis layer with a EPSG 4326 to a map with
> layers in EPSG 42102
>
> The error is :
> "ERROR Rendering map image: a fatal error occurred drawing the map"
>
> However if I remove the Demis layer it renders fine.
>
> I have tried to just add the Demis layer in Map mode by itself and it
> renders fine.
>
> Is there a list of things which I can try?

Phil,

I am suspecting that MapServer is having a hard time using
EPSG:42102.  Are you use it is listed in your epsg lookup file
for PROJ.4?  In cases where no reprojection is going on,
declaring it might have cause no problem.

I tried looking up 42102 with GDAL's EPSG lookup services
and found it was a cubewerx addition for BC Albers but for
some reason I had to comment out this particular coordinate
system because it was causing problems.  Perhaps this somehow
relates to your problem.

Best regards,