WMS and ArcGIS

Armin Burger armin.burger at GMX.NET
Tue Aug 30 18:10:30 EDT 2005

Gary,

I would recommend having a look at the web server log. You can see the
request ArcGIS sent to the server and run the same request in a browser
and see if you get an image back.

In some test we made ArcGIS 9 SP 3 was able to retrieve the data from a
Mapserver WMS. One problem that might occur is that ArcGIS by defalt
wants to load the data in lat/lon. But you can modify the projection and
select one of the advertised by the server once the layer is loaded in
ArcMap.

Armin