Will someone summarize this?

Mike Davis mike.and.kerry at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 1 10:57:09 EST 2005

I am leaning toward keeping Mapserver Mapserver as well.  The idea of
an umbrella foundation is growing on me however...

"OpenGIS.org Mapserver" has a nice ring, maintains existing branding,
conveys the non-profit OSS nature, but dispels some of the ambiguity.

Other products could be included with the same naming convention:

"OpenGIS.org Map Toolkit" or "OpenGIS.org Former Autodesk Product" for example

I think some of the initial reaction to the naming change was knee
jerk, perhaps a more formal poll and discussion next week when things
simmer down?