SRS - layer with two valid EPSGcodes

Stefanie Weykam sweykam at TELELINE.ES
Tue Dec 6 08:05:39 EST 2005

Yes, but this does not avoid reprojection of the layer if the client chooses
the other ellipsoid, does it? As an arctefact the grid lines would be
shifted several hundred meters in both directions.

So, what is the best way to handle this -perhaps unusual- situation?
- offering only one of these EPSG codes in order to force the client to use
the first datum?
- duplicate the layer and offer each in a different projection?? (I do not
really favour this one)
- any other suggestion??

st.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Bart van den Eijnden [mailto:BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL]
Enviado el: martes, 06 de diciembre de 2005 11:22
Para: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU; sweykam at TELELINE.ES
Asunto: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] SRS - layer with two valid EPSGcodes

AFAIK you just advertize using wms_srs METADATA (space delimited list).

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Stefanie Weykam <sweykam at TELELINE.ES> 12/6/2005 10:41 AM >>>
> Hi list members,

I have a polygon layer, a mesh witch fits to exact coordinates on the UTM
grid.
If the datum is changed, the mesh should still fit to the original
coordinates and should not be reprojected.

I guess, I could work around this in our own application, but how do I
advertise this layer with several valid EPSG codes to clients?