Querying and labeling a WFS layer in Ma pserver WFS client

frequens frequens at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 12 07:07:54 EST 2005

On 12/12/05, Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) <b.vdeijnden at agi.rws.minvenw.nl> wrote:

> Do you  have DUMP TRUE set as well as a TEMPLATE defined on your  LAYER?
>
> How  are you querying your layer? Through Mapserver CGI interface or through WMS  GetFeatureInfo? Can you give us an example request and  response?
>
> Best  regards,
> Bart

DUMP TRUE is there, and a 'dummy' TEMPLATE also, TOLERANCE set to 10

I tried two much simpler examples in php-mapscript now:

$queryObj = $map->queryByPoint( $ptClicked,MS_SINGLE,-1 );
produces:
Warning: [MapServer Error]: msQueryByPoint(): No matching record(s) found. in...

while

$queryObj = $resultlayer->getWMSFeatureInfoURL($georef_x, $georef_y,
100, "MIME");
produces:
Warning: [MapServer Error]: msBuildWMSLayerURL(): Call supported only
for CONNECTIONTYPE WMS....

which leads me to a fundamental question whether Mapserver (or
php-mapscript) supports querying WFS layers at all?

BR

frequens