Querying and labeling a WFS layer in Ma pserver WFS client

Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) b.vdeijnden at AGI.RWS.MINVENW.NL
Mon Dec 12 07:17:43 EST 2005

Hi,

I think it *should* be supported since a WFS client LAYER is nothing else
than a shapefile layer, the only difference is the source is GML which is
read through OGR.

The second example you try is not valid, the function is only supported for
WMS client layers.

To be on the safe side, can you check a queryByRect?

Best regards,
Bart

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]Namens frequens
Verzonden: maandag 12 december 2005 13:08
Aan: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Onderwerp: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Querying and labeling a WFS layer
in Ma pserver WFS client

On 12/12/05, Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) <b.vdeijnden at agi.rws.minvenw.nl>
wrote:

> Do you  have DUMP TRUE set as well as a TEMPLATE defined on your  LAYER?
>
> How  are you querying your layer? Through Mapserver CGI interface or
through WMS  GetFeatureInfo? Can you give us an example request and
response?

> Best  regards,
> Bart

DUMP TRUE is there, and a 'dummy' TEMPLATE also, TOLERANCE set to 10

I tried two much simpler examples in php-mapscript now:

$queryObj = $map->queryByPoint( $ptClicked,MS_SINGLE,-1 );
produces:
Warning: [MapServer Error]: msQueryByPoint(): No matching record(s) found.
in...

while

$queryObj = $resultlayer->getWMSFeatureInfoURL($georef_x, $georef_y,
100, "MIME");
produces:
Warning: [MapServer Error]: msBuildWMSLayerURL(): Call supported only
for CONNECTIONTYPE WMS....

which leads me to a fundamental question whether Mapserver (or
php-mapscript) supports querying WFS layers at all?

BR

frequens

Disclaimer
Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Dit bericht is
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Als u dit bericht per abuis
hebt ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te vernietigen en de afzender te
informeren. Wij adviseren u om bij twijfel over de juistheid of de
volledigheid van de mail contact met afzender op te nemen.

This message shall not constitute any rights or obligations.
This message is intended solely for the addressee.
If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. When in doubt whether this message
is correct or complete, please contact the sender.