wcs and ecw

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Dec 14 14:09:33 EST 2005

On 12/14/05, Miguel Ángel <techdlists at yahoo.es> wrote:
> I trying to get mapserver to serve ecw and geotiff rasters through the wcs
> service, using mapserver 4.6.2, gdal 1.3.1 (compiled with the ecw and
> geotiff option, read and write permission),  ecwsdk-3.1.25Jan05-linux and
> libgeotiff-1.2.2.
>
> It works fine with the geotiff files, but when I request an ecw raster I get
> a corrupt file from the server.
>
> Has anybody had the same problem?

Miguel,

You might want to try it with the mapserver and other kit
in the latest linux FWTools build.  This includes a number
of ECW SDK improvements.

  http://fwtools.maptools.org/

If that works, and you need to build things yourself, then
you can grab the latest ECW SDK from ermapper.com.

Best regards,