TIN (Triangular Irregular Network) files and MapServer

Adam Quiney aquiney at REFRACTIONS.NET
Mon Dec 19 16:15:56 EST 2005

[CC'ed to List]

--Adam

Thanks, Adam.  That is exactly what I need!

Chip Taylor
Prepared Response, Inc

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Quiney [mailto:lordadam at shaw.ca]
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 11:55 AM
To: Chip Taylor
Cc: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] TIN (Triangular Irregular Network) files
and MapServer

Hi Chip,

When first familiarizing myself with TINs, I found the following page
helpful:

http://www.geog.ubc.ca/courses/klink/gis.notes/ncgia/u39.html

FME provides functionality to automatically generate TINs using a set of
breaklines, and mass points.  For further reading along these lines you
can check out the FME docs for their SurfaceModelFactory
(http://www.safe.com/support/online-documentation/FFT/fft.htm)

--Adam

--
Adam Quiney