using tile index for serving wms and wcs

Norman Barker nbarker at RSINC.COM
Tue Dec 20 04:40:45 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Miguel Ángel Esbri
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 9:23 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] using tile index for serving wms and wcs

Hi,

I am using a tile index for serving a large number of .tif files so, the
layer can be accessed via wms and wcs. When I am using the wms I can
access to it without any problem, but when I ask for the getcapabilities
of the wcs I get no layer from it.

I have followed some examples that explain how to do this
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/WCSServerFormatHowTo), but I
still haven't managed to solve this.

thanks in advance,

       Miguel Ángel

<snip>

Hi Miguel,

I find it odd that this is working as a WMS but not as a WCS (I would expect to see the XML but with lots of warnings instead of nothing).

The WCS GetCapabilities request is

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=mymap.map&SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0&Request=GetCapabilities

Can you send the result of this request to me (with your map file pasted in the ?map=...).  If you really still get nothing, can you set the DEBUG ON for the layer, and check the apache error log.

Many thanks,

Norman