Some problems with ecw file via WMS

O. El Gawhary ing.elgawhary at TISCALI.IT
Tue Dec 20 12:20:44 EST 2005

Hello,
I have this problem to solve:

I'm working on a webgis server based on :
OS: Linux Fedora Core 4
Web Server: Apache 2
Script. lang: PHP 4.4.1 (working as CGI)
and Mapserver 4.6.1 (by using php_mapscript.so)

After some difficulties it seems to work correctly now. So, the problem is

that now I need to enable WMS services
to add an .ecw file which resides on a different server.
I downloaded libecwj2-3.3 from Ermapper web site and I compiled it by means
of

./configure
make
make install

After that I re-compiled gdal as follows:

./configure --with-ecw=/usr/local
make
make install

A this point I re-compiled Mapserver in order to create the php_mapscript.so:

 ./configure --with-zlib=/usr/local --with-proj=/usr/local --with-gd=/usr/local
--with-php=/usr/local/include/php --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config
--with-wmsclient --with-wcs

Once Apache is restarded I cannot display the ecw file.
But I do not receive any error message. I obtain, in certain cases, but not
ever, a blank image. In other cases simply the file is not loaded, but all
other files are loaded.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance
Omar

TISCALI ADSL Web&Mail
Solo con Tiscali Adsl navighi e telefoni senza canone Telecom a partire da
14,95 Euro/mese. Attivala subito!
Per te 500 MB inclusi per navigare, inviare e ricevere messaggi e-mail, foto
ed mp3.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/2wam_tc/