MAPSERVER PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS

Fabio D' Ovidio fabio.dovidio at PLANETEK.IT
Thu Dec 22 10:35:07 EST 2005

Dear Developers,

I am using MapServer binaries on Windows machine. Anyway, I have a problem now in
order to compile MapServer with Microsoft Visual Studio :

I' d like to test the software with Performance Analysis tool of Devparter Studio developed by
Compuware. I am interested in evaluation of slowest Methos for MapServer processing
during a specific session (after setting a QUERY_STRING, of course !).
Can you give me any information about compiling MapServer with Microsoft Visual Studio or,
if it's possible, send me anything about Methods performance evaluation during a session in
wich CGI program (mapserv.exe) runs and creats map to overlay vector layers defined in a
map file?

The target is identify the slowest Method to project and develope a hardware component to
make this operation faster.

Thank you.

Fabio D' Ovidio

Planetek Italia srl