Oracle Woes

Christopher Condit condit at SDSC.EDU
Thu Dec 22 16:55:27 EST 2005

Hi Fernando
Thanks very much for your response.  I added the USING RELATE operator
and dropped the projection definition from the layer, but still no
success.  Any thoughts?  The database already contained lat/lon in float
columns.  I create the spatial column with the following SQL:
alter table SPECIES add (shape mdsys.sdo_geometry);
update SPECIES
  set shape =
MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(2001,NULL,MDSYS.SDO_POINT_TYPE(latitude, longitude,
NULL),NULL,NULL)
  where latitude is not null and longitude is not null;
INSERT INTO USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA
  VALUES (
  'SPECIES',
  'SHAPE',
  MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ARRAY(   -- 1440x720 grid
    MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('X', 0, 1440, 0.005),
    MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('Y', 0, 720, 0.005)
     ),
  NULL   -- SRID
);
alter session set sort_area_size = 20000000;
create index shape_idx on SPECIES(shape) indextype is
mdsys.spatial_index;

Thanks,

Chris