Itasca Workshop

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at ERDC.USACE.ARMY.MIL
Wed Dec 28 18:09:07 EST 2005

There is also bug in IE that will prevent the image src changing in the DHTML
version if you click on the the tool buttons. Basically, any button event
(onclick type event) with abort the image load. The solution we've used it to
place the tools in an iframe. This will prevent the problem. My preferred
solution is Firefox personally, but others in the government demand IE.

Mike Smith
US Army Corps of Engineers

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Steve Lime
Sent: Wed 12/28/2005 6:05 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Itasca Workshop

I think he's refering to the version from the first workshop version,
something like:

  http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/mapserver_demos/workshop/

Select the DHTML option. You'll see the problem in the window status bar for
with
firefox. That's not specific to the workshop and others have reported the
problem
with other interfaces. Try a Google search with 'mozilla "Transferring data"'
and you'll
see what I mean.

As near as I can tell this is a problem with Mozilla. The message seems to be
harmless in that
the application itself runs just fine. I've not tried 1.5 to see if the
problem has been fixed. (Okay,
I just upgraded and the issue is resolved. *woohoo*)

Steve

>>> Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at XS4ALL.NL> 12/28/05 1:28 PM >>>
Which Mozilla version? This is more likely a problem with Mozilla than
with the itasca demo.

The following itasca demo loads fine for me in Firefox 1.5:

http://wgrass.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/itasca/demo_init.html

Does this site load fine at your end?

Best regards,
Bart

salah jubeh wrote:

> I run itasca workshop on my pc using two browsers I.E and Mozilla .  i
> run it in the mode of java script.
>
> using I.E. every thing works fine.
>
> but with mozila i get the map also i can do all of the functionalities
> but on the browser status bar it always give me this massege
> "Transfering data from local host..." also it is not ginin me the done
> massege .
>
> what is the problem.. is it java script code or what..?
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> *Best Regard
> *
> Eng. Salah Al Jubeh
>
> MCP,MCAD,MCSD
>

> Mobile:00306947192421

> Yahoo! Photos
> Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/p
h//page?.file=calendar_splash.html&.dir=>.

--
Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS, Open Source GIS