Using MapServer as a C/C++ library

Brian Peschel brianp at OCCINC.COM
Thu Dec 29 09:45:50 EST 2005

I should have mentioned I am doing this under Linux.  I assume the Windows
libmap.dll maps to the linux libmap.a (or libmap.so if you build shared
which the makefile also supports).

- Brian

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:38:12 +0100, Bart van den Eijnden
<BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL> wrote:

<snip>

>There is dll called libmap.dll but it's interface is not (well) defined. It
has been on the developer's wish list to make a more clear dll interface,
but there never has been funding to do this.

>Wrt Mapscript, it uses SWIG mainly and there is no C/C++ interface, so that
won't be an option.

<snip>