failed connection to VRT via ODBC to mySQL in Linux

joanvp joanvp at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 30 03:26:10 EST 2005

Hi list,

 I'm trying to connect a mySQL table to mapserver via ODBC with VRT. I've get it in Windows succesfullly, but now I'm trying to do it in Suse Linux 10.

 I'm using unixODBC and myodbc drivers. I've tested it succesfully with the unixODBC-gui-qt. And I connect with OpenOffice Database too. So I suspect the connection is fine.

 But the map doesn't work and when I try ogrinfo test, it show this error:

  ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
 ERROR 1: Unable to initialize ODBC connection to DSN for root/carrerer at concampos,
 [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified
 FAILURE:
 Unable to open datasource `/opt/fgs/apps/chameleon-2.2/depsig/campos/prova.ovf' with the following drivers.
   -> ESRI Shapefile
   -> UK .NTF
   -> SDTS
   -> TIGER
   -> S57
   -> MapInfo File
   -> DGN
   -> VRT
   -> AVCBin
   -> REC
   -> Memory
   -> CSV
   -> GML
   -> ODBC
   -> PostgreSQL
   -> MySQL

 This is my odbcinst.ini file:

[MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver] DRIVER  = /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so SETUP  = /usr/lib/libmyodbc3S.so UsageCount  = 1
and my odbc.ini

[concampos] Driver  = MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver DATABASE  = campos DESCRIPTION  = bla bla bla PWD  = xxxxxx SERVER  = localhost UID  = root
Any solution, please?

 Thanks a lot