Imagemaps for Oracle spatial layer

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Wed Feb 2 17:38:36 EST 2005

All,

I'm having problems with generating a correct imagemap for a Oracle
Spatial layer.

I've tried it with and without a SRID (Coordinate base) but I keep
getting pixel values that are way out in left field,  on the order of
thousands of pixels, for a 900 x 800 pixel images.  The images are being
generated just fine though, which seems confusing.

The data is being written to Oracle with AutoCAD 3D map, which is our
data editor.  This may be the problem, as we can succesfully make the
same dataset generate the correct IMAGEMAPS when written from OGR.
We're using a "CONNECTIONTYPE OGR" to read from Oracle right now.

My question is:

Does anyone know of any config items I should be looking at in order to
write the data correctly to Oracle spatial in order for MapServer to
read it correctly. Or, some Config items that may be reprojecting things
for MapServer.  Again, the images coming from MapServer for the layer
look just fine, it's only the IMAGEMAPS that won't line up.

On another note, I don't have my MapServ compiled with native Oracle
reading, could there be differences with how OGR and Mapserver would
read the data in from ORACLE?

Thanks

bobb