Finding which shape polygon a point is in with mapscript

Thu Feb 3 11:02:28 EST 2005

Camden Daily wrote:
> Eric, $layer->open() doesn't seem to like taking any arguments.  The
> documentation doesn't list it as being able to take any arguments
> either.  Is that a perl only ability?
>
> Calling layer->open() without arguments in other parts of my script
> works just fine; it just fails in this instance.
>
> I'll let you know if I find any success with queryByPoint().

Camden,

Use it as a guide, not cut and paste code. There have been some changes
in mapscript in general between 3.6 and 4.2 and 4.4. I think in you
example here, the arguments are no longer expected, so you will need to
tweak the code to get it to work.

-Steve