[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapServer Application Error

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] nicolas.fortin at EC.GC.CA
Wed Feb 9 10:51:44 EST 2005

Hi Stephen,

I also got this error with Oracle Spatial error..sometimes.  I didn't find the reason yet though...
Running Windows 2000 with IIS.

For your second prob, try just setting the missing layer on and the others off to see if it will appear alone.  Perhaps it's just a bad layer ordering...

Nicolas

-----Message d'origine-----
De : UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] De la part de Stephen King
Envoyé : Wednesday, February 09, 2005 10:21 AM
À : MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Objet : [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapServer Application Error

Hi,
I've been setting up a test application using MapServer 4.4.1 on a Windows XP Professional machine with IIS. Everything works fairly well apart from an occaisional mapserv.exe - Application Error box that appears with a message such as:

The instruction at "0x7c93426d" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

My application currently has 7 layers, six of which are vector and one raster (ECW format). Originally I had more raster layers, and I thought that this was causing the problem, however, even without them I still have this problem. Sometimes the error also causes images in the legend not to be written correctly.

On another, perhaps related note, I have set the application up as a WMS server. I can access this through ArcGIS 9, however, it will not display all 7 layers at the same time, rather only six are visible in the map, even if all seven are switched on.

Would be grateful if anyone can give me an idea what this problem is.

Many thanks,
Stephen