'PVALUE' error with PROJ4 when building PHP MapScript??

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Feb 21 13:28:45 EST 2005

Frank,

  After cheking this more carefully, this was a problem related to the
php_proj module that was built using projects.h.  It is an old module
that was built while ago to give access to projection transfomations
when they were not available through php/mapscript.
  I have modified the windows makefiles so that this module is no loger
built by default.
Sorry for all the noise.

Later,

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:00:29 -0500, Yewondwossen Assefa
> <assefa at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
>
>>I had encoutnter this problem too. The way I solved it is by modifying
>>the proj source code at a couple of places by replacing the PVALUE by
>>PARAMVALUE. There are only few occurences :
>>
>>   - 2 occurences in .../src/pj_params.c
>>   - 2 occurences in .../src/projects.h
>>
>>  After these changes the build was ok.
>>
>>  Frank, Is it possible to make these changes in the CVS or does this
>>have other effects ?
>

> Assefa,
>
> I just don't understand why this is happening.
> The mapproject.h include file is not supposed
> to include projects.h when using modern PROJ.4's.
> My decision was to make proj_api.h "win32 safe" and
> not to try and change the names in projects.h anymore.
>
> Best regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca