Help with PostGIS and POINT layer, please

Marco Marsella m.marsella at ITWORKS.IT
Wed Feb 23 09:57:59 EST 2005

Hi list,

I am going crazy about a simple (or so I thought...) POINT layer. The
map file fragment is as follows:

        LAYER
                NAME "acstats"
                TYPE POINT
                STATUS DEFAULT
                CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
                CONNECTION "user=guest password=guest dbname=asiacover host=localhost
port=5432"
                DATA "the_geom from asiacover.stations"
                CLASS
                        OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
                        COLOR 10 10 10
                        SYMBOL 'circle'
                        SIZE 10
                END
                PROJECTION "init=epsg:4326" END
        EXTENT 41.82 -20.15 100.4 22.85
        END

        SYMBOL
                NAME 'circle'
                TYPE ELLIPSE
                POINTS 1 1 END
                FILLED TRUE
        END

The query is executed and 55 points are returned (I tried it manually
copying from the Postgres log) but nothing gets drawn on the map. The
table content, exported as a shapefile, draws nicely with the same
CLASS. But I cannot find any way to make those 55 points show up on my
map!

I must be missing something obvious, please help!

TIA

Marco