Premature end of script headers...

Jeff Portwine jdport at VERITIME.COM
Mon Jan 3 10:03:59 EST 2005

I was having a lot of problems with my linux install of mapserver, simply
trying to get the demo to run, so finally I changed my approach and
attempted to install mapserv on a windows xp web server (apache 2).    When
I run mapserv without any options, I get the proper response from mapserv
but as soon as I try to make it run the demo, mapserv crashes and I get
"internal server error" and the following shows up in my web error logs:

[Mon Jan 03 09:54:11 2005] [error] [client 208.251.242.95] Premature end of
script headers: mapserv40.exe, referer: http://solo.veritime.com/workshop/

When I first installed mapserver, I was having the same problem even when I
ran mapserv.exe without any options.   Copying all of the dll's into the
directory mapserv.exe was being called from fixed that... but now I get this
as soon as I attempt to view a map.   If anybody has any suggestions it
would be greatly appreciated, I'm  really struggling to get this working and
to learn how to use it.

Thanks,
Jeff