Terraservice data not aligning

Camden Daily cdaily at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 3 11:00:17 EST 2005

Hello all.  I've got a layer in my map file that I'm grabbing from
terraservice, and it's mostly working great.  However, when I overlay
some Tiger/Line street data over the terraserver image, things aren't
quite lining up.  It's very, very close, but just slightly offset when
zoomed in (maybe by 20-50 feet).

My map file, the terraservice layer, and the tiger/line data are all
projected as EPSG:4326, so I don't think it's a projection issue.  Has
anyone else experienced any issues mixing these two data sets?

Is it possible to 'tweak' a layer so that it's offset by a short
distance?  I know about the 'offset' parameters for styles, but those
only take units of pixels (which will look good at some zoom levels,
but not others...)  I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

-Camden Daily

terraserver layer:

  LAYER
    NAME "aerial"
    TYPE RASTER
    STATUS OFF
    MINSCALE 1000 # trying to grab too small a scale might result in
an error from terraservice
    CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
    CONNECTION
"http://terraservice.net/ogcmap.ashx?VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=wms&LAYERS=urbanarea&FORMAT=image/jpeg&STYLES="