Terraservice data not aligning

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at TAMU.EDU
Mon Jan 3 11:28:57 EST 2005

<Shameless Plug for the Great State of Texas>

For what it's worth, there's a good bit of very accurate data for the
State of Texas.  For those interested in Texas, please check out
http://www.tnris.state.tx.us and then go to the Digital Data tab.

The Texas Strategic Mapping Initiative has placed a *LOT* of data into
the public domain and we're trying to keep it updated.

</Shameless Plug for the Great State of Texas>

I recently went down map accuracy issues with Census and an interested
amateur cartographer.  Some of the errors are "interesting" and I'm a
little concerned that they claim to meet national map accuracy standards
with some of their data.  It appears to be more'n a little off...

Gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173