How to get Mapscript libraries in other programming language?

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Fri Jan 7 10:20:37 EST 2005

On Jan 7, 2005, at 8:13 AM, Janeks Kamerovskis wrote:

> Thanks for answer!
>
> I am quite dummy in C things and compiling, but Rebol could use normal
> DLLs.
>
> How those different Mapcript language versions are done?
> Do they not references to a mapscript DLL?
>
> Is it difficult to make one?
>
> brgds
> Janeks

You can compiled MapServer to produce a libmap.dll, but this library
only contains the code needed by the mapserv. shp2img, (etc) programs.
There are no functions in it to create mapping objects (layers,
classes).   We use SWIG to generate shared libraries for specific
languages that contain the mapping objects.  I don't think Rebol will
be able to make use of the Python or Perl mapscript modules.

Sean

--
Sean Gillies
sgillies at frii dot com