Upgrading Python Mapscript

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Fri Jan 7 11:14:52 EST 2005

On Jan 7, 2005, at 9:04 AM, William Hudspeth wrote:

> I am running Mapserver 4.2.1. I would like to upgrade the Python
> Mapserver component to the most recent version. Is there an easy way to
> do this?
>
> Bill

Bill,

There are no upgrade shortcuts.  Download MapServer 4.4.1, configure
and make, then cd mapscript/python and follow the directions in the
README.  If you are using windows, you can grab binaries from Howard
Butler's site:

http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/build_output/4_4_1/full/python/
mapscript-4.3.win32-py2.3-full.exe

That make building mapserver unnecessary, but don't provide any of the
other programs.  I think it is only a typo that says "mapscript-4.3",
Howard?

Sean

--
Sean Gillies