nmake error for geo-shapelib

Lowell Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Mon Jan 10 14:32:49 EST 2005

The following message was sent by Shashi Gireddy <gireddy at GMAIL.COM> on
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:29:13 -0600.

> hi all,
>
> i am trying to use shp2mysql.pl, for that i want  to install
> geo-shapelib, but i am getting following error with nmake
>
> cp Shapelib/dbfadd.c blib\lib\Geo\Shapelib\dbfadd.c
> cp Shapelib/README.tree blib\lib\Geo\Shapelib\README.tree
>         cd shapelib && NMAKE -nologo
> makefile(342) : fatal error U1033: syntax error : '$(AR)' unexpected
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe' : return code
'0x2'
> Stop.
>
> can anybody please help me.
> I have my data in mysql database,  i want to map this data onto
> mapscript. can anybody suggest any ideas, please i am in desperate
> need of it.

Shashi,

I believe shp2mysql.pl is intended to be used to load shapefile data
Into mysql. If your data is already in mysql you should already be able
to map it using your preferred mapscript flavor.
Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Lowell