nmake error for geo-shapelib

Shashi Gireddy gireddy at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 10 12:29:13 EST 2005

hi all,

i am trying to use shp2mysql.pl, for that i want  to install
geo-shapelib, but i am getting following error with nmake

cp Shapelib/dbfadd.c blib\lib\Geo\Shapelib\dbfadd.c
cp Shapelib/README.tree blib\lib\Geo\Shapelib\README.tree
        cd shapelib && NMAKE -nologo
makefile(342) : fatal error U1033: syntax error : '$(AR)' unexpected
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

can anybody please help me.
I have my data in mysql database,  i want to map this data onto
mapscript. can anybody suggest any ideas, please i am in desperate
need of it.

thank you,
shashi.