mapserver with python

David Fawcett David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Wed Jan 12 10:06:20 EST 2005

Ahmet,

For more general Python info, you may want to check out the book 'Dive
Into Python'.  You can find it at http://diveintopython.org/.

You can buy the book in hard copy or read it online.  I haven't done
much with Python, but from the sections of the book that I read, it
seems like an excellent book.

David.

David J. Fawcett
MN Office of Environmental Assistance

Sean Gillies wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2005, at 3:52 AM, orkun wrote:
>
>> hello
>>
>> I need to build mapscript application with python.
>> I would like see examples and tutors for python.
>>
>> if you supply I will appreciate
>>
>> kind regards
>>

>> Ahmet Temiz
>>

> Ahmet,
>
> Mapscript how-to docs and API reference are in the MapServer 4.4
> source under
>
>    mapserver/mapscript/doc/
>
> and I also maintain them online at
>
>   http://users.frii.com/sgillies/projects/mapscript/
>
> Please write if you need more help or clarification about these
> documents.  In the meanwhile, I will try to find some helpful
examples.

> cheers,
> Sean
>
> --
> Sean Gillies
> sgillies at frii dot com
> http://users.frii.com/sgillies

Sean,
Thank you for your interest.

Your web site is highly informative on the subject of
python_mapscript.
I am not experienced in python, so additional examples will be useful
for me.
I dealt with php_mapscript. But for better performance, I want to try
python .
I want to know your idea about how you compare python with php.

kind regards

Ahmet Temiz

______________________________________
XamimeLT - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr
The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the
sender's own
and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of
Earthquake Research Dept.
of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.

Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal
olarak T.C.
B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici
nitelikte degildir.