How to access shapefile attributes?

Camden Daily cdaily at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 12 10:30:25 EST 2005

> When I trie to use import_tiger_zip.pl   I get an error:
> Bareword "AZ_OK" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
> ./import_tiger_zip.pl line 21.
> Execution of ./import_tiger_zip.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

I really don't know enough about perl to help you with that.  All I
can suggest is to make sure you have whatever perl module is necessary
for dealing with archived zip files (Archive::Zip?).

> I can unzip the tiger files and use import_tiger.pl, but it *appears*  (i'm
> not 100% sure yet) but it appears that I have to make a separate DB file for
> each individual tiger file.   For example, the state of Michigan Tiger files
> are broken up into county files... is  there anyway to put all of those into
> a single DB, or do I have to make a DB for each county?   It seems like if I
> import to an existing DB it overwrites the data instead of appending to it.

The import_tiger_zip file just adds the information to the database;
it doesn't create a new database.  At least that's how it works when
given a wildcard argument such as *.zip.  I'd imagine the nonzip
import_tiger script works the same way.  Are you using a wildcard for
the files to add to the database?