DEM back drop in MapServer

Norman Barker normanb at COMSINE.CO.UK
Wed Jan 12 10:59:29 EST 2005

Hi,

I have spent a little time googling for this, and before I go and
purchase the global GTOPO set
for the world I would be grateful if you could answer my question about
rendering this data in
MapServer WMS.

If possible I would buy this in 16 bit geotiff format (unless you
suggest otherwise).

Would there be a way to render this in mapserver natively (so that the
height fields are rendered
by an internal palette) and displayed to the user as a backdrop?

Or do I have to define the palette myself in an external program and
then use it in MapServer?

Any help or advice appreciated by anyone else who has created a DEM
backdrop.

Many thanks,

Norman

--