TIFF displays and displays not

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Jan 13 12:08:53 EST 2005

Stef -

If I recall correctly, the INPUT=TIFF support reads GeoTIFF but not TFW
world files.  Exporting the file as a GeoTIF would then fix this
problem, consistent with your observation.  I'm not sure my memory is
correct, but the "built-in" TIFF support is now deprecated and you
really should remove it - GDAL will provide much better TIFF support for
you.

     - Ed
Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Stefan Schwarzer
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 5:07 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] TIFF displays and displays not

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

It seems to be a problem on the image side. I don't understand why, but
although it displays nicely in ArcView and Photoshop, the screen keeps
blank with Mapserver. (I had the impression that ArcExplorer-Java for
Mac didn't display it either.) But when I exported the TIF in ERDAS as
GeoTIF and loaded it into the app it worked.

Stef

        Hi,