Newbie: Required components for full install

Rick Levine Richard_D_Levine at RAYTHEON.COM
Mon Jan 17 10:29:01 EST 2005

Hi,

I tried to get GDAL/ORG from remotesensing.org (following the link from the
MapServer documentation page) and the site appears down.  I found
gdal.maptools.org is the main site from the list archives, and
remotesensing.org is a mirror.  Seemed odd.

A real question: I found this component list, but it came from a newbie.
I'm trying to install MapServer with all possible features so I can check
it out.  Is this list correct and complete?  I read the Unix docs on using
all of the "configure --with-<feature>", but I wanted to install everything
I need first.  I'll be using PostGIS/PostgreSQL, but I've already got all
of that (including Proj).

> 1)freetype
> 2)zlib
> 3)libpng