Oracle DATA problem as WFS

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at CCGIS.DE
Tue Jan 18 06:23:34 EST 2005

Fernando Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>    I believe that the problem is with Mapserver version, I don't know
> if the 4.2 and older work, only 4.4 and newer.
>    If you are using the 4.4 version you need to define the "unique
> column" in your data string. Like: DATA "GEOM FROM (SELECT GEO_COORD_
> AS GEOM, GMNR AS ITEM_GEMARKUNG, FLNR AS ITEM_FLUR, FSNR AS
> ITEM_FLSTCK, FUNR AS ITEM_NENNER, QUELLE AS QUELLE FROM
> FLO.FLO_AL125_AGGREGA_VW) USING UNIQUE "<YOUR PKEY>" SRID 82027".
> Where the "<YOUR PKEY>" is your a numeric column that store the
> unique identifier for the rows in your table (usually the primary
> key).
>     Thanks.

Hi,
works fine now, your suggestion was correct. We have done all of what
you said before, still didn't work. It took us some time to figure out
what the problem really was. It was all our fault, we missed a trailing
underscore behind the field name. We were looking for "GEO_ID" and
should have been looking for "GEO_ID_". Thats a nasty thing to find out...

UMN MapServer 4.1.1 works fine as WFS with Oracle 9. It does so with OGR
and oraclespatial connection, the second is a lot faster.

Best regards & thanx again,
Arnulf.

--
Arnulf B. Christl