label angle AUTO - M.S. 4.4.

Gregory S. Williamson gsw at GLOBEXPLORER.COM
Tue Jan 18 15:45:59 EST 2005

I think the AUTO angle feature only works with true type fonts; you seem to be using bitmap fonts (SIZE MEDIUM) ... try setting up this layer to use truetype and I bet the autoangle feature will work as advertised.

In the map definition something like this (from a windoze box)
FONTSET "C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\ssf\fonts\fonts.list"
    TEXT ([FENAME] [FETYPE] #[FRADDL]-#[TOADDR])
    LABEL
      ANGLE auto
      ANTIALIAS true
      MINFEATURESIZE 20