Offtopic: problems using geo::coder::us on debian

Jeff Portwine jdport at VERITIME.COM
Wed Jan 19 13:19:32 EST 2005

Hi all... I'm trying to use the geocoding perl library geo::coder::us
downloaded from CPAN.   I've installed it and all the pre-requisite
libraries as well.    When I do "perl Makefile.pl",  and "make", there are
no problems... but when I do "make test" it fails most of its tests and the
resulting code after doing "make install" doesn't work.... it doesn't give
an error but it doesn't give any results either.   It doesn't even notice if
I give it a bogus non-existant .db file.     Anybody have any suggestions on
how to make this work or an idea of where I can look for help?     I'm
trying to install this on a debian linux machine.

Thanks a lot,
Jeff