WMS error after upgrade to 4.4

Tracy Howlett Tracy at CHIRPWHISTLER.INFO
Wed Jan 19 19:58:14 EST 2005

Hello,

I've recently upgraded to MapServer 4.4 after running 4.0.1 successfully for
over a year.  I have been using a Cascading WMS service to share some of my
layers out to another MapServer user who has been accessing my data without
problem.

For some reason, now that MapServer 4.4 is running, the WMS layers are no
longer being shared.  We have run the getCapabilities for both my base
mapfile and my cascaded map file service and they both come back error free
but when we run a getMap we receive the following error:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?> <!DOCTYPE
ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
"http://schemas.opengeospatial.net/wms/1.1.1/exception_1_1_1.dtd">

<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1"> <ServiceException
code="LayerNotDefined">

msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid layer(s) given in the
LAYERS parameter.

</ServiceException>

</ServiceExceptionReport>

I've read about this error in the archives but cannot find a solution for my
particular file.  When my colleague calls the mapfile only one of the 10
layers listed is returned.

The data has not changed since I upgraded and it is all in the same
projection (UTM Zone 10).  Are there some naming conventions or WMS
requirements that are new in 4.4 that I have not found in the documentation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are trying to get this thing up
and running again for a presentation on Saturday.

Thanks,

Tracy Howlett

Community Habitat Resources Project

GIS Web Development Coordinator