WMS error after upgrade to 4.4

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Jan 19 20:18:26 EST 2005

Do you have an example of a getmap URL returing the exception and maybe
your map definition ?

There has been some work done in the wms code before the 4.4  release so
that mapserver would be  OGC compliant (so more parameter tesing and
exception generating has been added) and this may explain the problems
your are having.

Later,

Tracy Howlett wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I've recently upgraded to MapServer 4.4 after running 4.0.1 successfully
> for over a year.  I have been using a Cascading WMS service to share
> some of my layers out to another MapServer user who has been accessing
> my data without problem.
>

> For some reason, now that MapServer 4.4 is running, the WMS layers are
> no longer being shared.  We have run the getCapabilities for both my
> base mapfile and my cascaded map file service and they both come back
> error free but when we run a getMap we receive the following error:
>

> <?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?> <!DOCTYPE
> ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
> "http://schemas.opengeospatial.net/wms/1.1.1/exception_1_1_1.dtd">
>
> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1"> <ServiceException
> code="LayerNotDefined">
>
> msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid layer(s) given in the
> LAYERS parameter.
>
> </ServiceException>
>
> </ServiceExceptionReport>
>

> I've read about this error in the archives but cannot find a solution
> for my particular file.  When my colleague calls the mapfile only one of
> the 10 layers listed is returned.
>
> The data has not changed since I upgraded and it is all in the same
> projection (UTM Zone 10).  Are there some naming conventions or WMS
> requirements that are new in 4.4 that I have not found in the documentation?
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are trying to get this thing
> up and running again for a presentation on Saturday.
>

> Thanks,
>

> **Tracy Howlett**
>
> Community Habitat Resources Project
>
> GIS Web Development Coordinator