Offtopic: problems using geo::coder::us on debian

Jeff Portwine jdport at VERITIME.COM
Thu Jan 20 08:01:16 EST 2005

Hi guys, thanks for the responses... just to let you know I fixed the
problem.  Though I am somewhat boggled by the fix, i'm not looking a
gifthorse in the mouth.

The debian machine I was installing hte perl libraries on didn't have apache
isntalled yet.   Mapserver is going on there next so I installed appache
from the debian install manager "apt-get".  It gave warnings that certain
files would be upgraded, etc and mentioned that some perl libraries would be
removed.   I noticed that it was removing perl libraries I had installed
during the geocoder installation but since it wasn't working I really didn't
worry about it.   After the apache installation was complete, I tried to do
the make on geo::coder::us again and sure enough, some of it's dependancies
were missing.   I reinstalled those, reinstalled geo::coder::us, and
presto... no more test errors and the code gave me the response I was
looking for.

Weird.

Thanks for the responses... I know this was OT, I mainly responded now so
that you'd know I found a fix and nobdody would spend more time trying to
answer my question :)

-Jeff