WMS error after upgrade to 4.4

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Jan 20 15:45:50 EST 2005

Tracy,

  - Start by doing a getcapabilities on the wms server. You will see all
the layers that are available.

  - inside your wms client map, use the same name for the "wms_name"
paramater as one of the layers defined on the server and that should be it.

  I just tried this wms cleint layer pointing to your server and it did
display the layer properly :

  LAYER
   NAME "Municipal Park"
   TYPE RASTER
   STATUS ON
   #CONNECTION
"http://www.chirpwhistler.info/scripts/mapserv.exe?map=c:\chameleon-2.0\chirp\map\chirp.map&"
   CONNECTION
"http://www.chirpwhistler.info/scripts/mapserv.exe?map=chirp_wms.map&"
   CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
   METADATA
    "wms_title"           "Park"
    "wms_srs"             "EPSG:42304 EPSG:42101 EPSG:4269 EPSG:4326
EPSG:42304 EPSG:26910"
    "wms_name"            "Municipal Park"
    "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
    "wms_formatlist"      "image/gif,image/png,image/jpeg,image/wbmp"
    "wms_format"          "image/gif"
   END
END

  I do not thing there is any thing wrong but just only layer names
issues. BTW avoid using spaces in layer names (eg Municipal Park, you
should use Municipal_Park). You can use a more descriptive name for the
title.

Hope this helps. If you still have issues with it, I suggest you open a
bug in mapserver and enter your problem with appropriate data set for
testing.

Best Regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst