mapserver 4.4.1 binary for debian?

Thomas Sondag thomas at MICRODOP.ORG
Fri Jan 21 04:17:05 EST 2005

Homme Zwaagstra a écrit :

>Jeff,
>
>On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:31:56AM -0500, Jeff Portwine wrote:
>

>>Actually I looked for it, but in the file that debian writes that shows the
>>files that were installed, it doesn't even list the mapserver binary.
>>
>>I got the debian package from
>>http://agrogeomatic.educagri.fr/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/mapserver/
>>I do have mapscript installed, the php_mapscript.so library is in place.
>>Just no mapserver cgi binary.
>>

>Note that the mapserver binary is called mapserv and not mapserver! If
>that's not it I'd get in touch with the package maintainer. I'm not
>familiar with Debian but isn't there an apt-get command that will let
>you list the files in a package?
>

>>Thanks,
>>-Jeff
>>

>Kind regards,
>
>Homme.

Hi all,

If you want the mapserv binary, install cgi-mapserver.
We actualy (I and debian gis team) try change the packages description,
last proposition [1].
Up to date mapserver and recent / experimental GIS software packages for
debian Sid can be found here [2]
(actualy sync with [3] but I don't how long I do that for sid).
The command for geting file list of an debain package is : dpkg -L
packges_name.

[1]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-grass-general/2005-January/000432.html
[2] http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DebianGisRepository