prepareImage() || draw()

Aaron Craig mercutio at POBOX.COM
Fri Jan 21 10:27:58 EST 2005

I'm confused about how we're supposed to draw the final map image
through mapscript.

I want to get a mapfile loaded, add a layer with some lines on it
connecting some dots already present in another layer.  In pseudo code,
I'm doing more or less:

mapObj = mapscript::mapObj->new("mapfile.map");
imgObj = mapObj->prepareImage();

pntA = mapscript::pointObj->new();
pntA->setXY(X, Y);
pntA->draw(map, lyrObj, imgObj, null, "");
pntB = mapscript::pointObj->new();
pntB->setXY(X, Y);
pntB->draw(map, lyrObj, imgObj, null, "");

linObj = mapscript::lineObj->new();
linObj->add(pntA);
linObj->add(pntB);

shpObj = mapscript::shapeObj->new(MS_SHAPE_LINE);
shpObj->add(linObj);
shpObj->{index} = 0; # is this necessary?

lyrObj = mapscript::layerObj->new(mapObj);
mapObj->insertLayer(lyrObj);

lyrObj->{status} = MS_ON;
lyrObj->addFeature(shpObj);
lyrObj->draw(mapObj, imgObj);

imgObj->save("file.png");

Which results in an empty image.

If instead of calling prepareImage() I call draw(), then I get the map
drawn as described in the mapfile, without my new layer.

Help?

- --
Aaron Craig
mercutio at pobox.com

Get Firefox!

- -=-=-
The miserable have no other medicine but only hope. -- Measure for Measure
- -=-=-