Segmentation Faults on RH9

Colin McGuigan cmcguigan at EARTHCOMBER.COM
Fri Jan 21 12:44:13 EST 2005

Umberto Nicoletti wrote:
> For some reason mappath is null and this causes the segfault. Why it is
> that I do not know. Try to use fewer configure options and then run the
> gdb again. If the problem goes away try adding more options, until you
> find the culprit.
> I would start with only --enable-debug;

Thanks for your response, Umberto.

Looking at the code, mappath is allowed to be null, and the case is
handled by using the current path as the map path; in fact, loadMap is
called several times with a NULL argument for mappath, so this behaviour
seems to be normal.

As to configuring with seperate paths, here's what I found: removing
--with-php and --with-php-regex-dir makes a mapserv file that works fine.

More curious still, if I compile PHP as a cgi with --use-regex=system
BUT DO NOT INSTALL, and then compile Mapserver against that with
--use-php=<dir>, Mapserver will work fine, even if used within the
previously installed PHP-as-DSO.  Seems completely backwards of how I'd
expect things to work, but, there you go.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

--Colin McGuigan