RES: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Creation of shapefiles (PHP)

Murilo Lacerda Yoshida murilo.yoshida at AGX.COM.BR
Fri Jan 21 13:05:47 EST 2005

  Jorge,
  I don't remember if I tried to create a shapefile using four lines (I
assume your lines are the 4 lines of a square).
  But what I do is put all the points in one line and then add this line
to the shapefile.
  The code to create the shapefile seems to be right.

  Murilo

-----Mensagem original-----
De: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] Em
nome de Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 21 de janeiro de 2005 15:15
Para: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Assunto: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Creation of shapefiles (PHP)

Matt Brown escribió:
> Jorge,
>
> I don't know if this is the problem, but you might try building one
line,
> instead of four, and make sure that the beginning and ending points
are the
> same.  then add the line object to the shape object
>
> Matt

Well, the lines are working (I can create succesfully an arc shapefile)
and points are well (the same point object to start and to end). Thus, I
think I'm doing something wrong with the polygon creation.

Can someone post a simple shapefile PHP creation? I didn't found
anything in the mailing list or in the web.

Thanks,
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Departamento de Ingeniería Cartográfica, Geodesia y Fotogrametría