Example Maps

Nicole Faust n_faust at INFORMATIK.UNI-KL.DE
Mon Jan 24 09:46:45 EST 2005

Hello Hal,

> Did you mean to say the scalebar at the bottom?  The legend is at the
> top, in this example.

Yes, I meant the scalebar, sorry I've confounded these to things.

> correct.  My guess is that your path to the shapefile is not really
> what you think it is.  This can happen in a virtual server
> environment (if your Apache is serving multiple domains from the same
> machine).

I adjusted the path in the .map file.

> You might also have a permissions problem--can the Apache process
> owner read the directory where the datafiles are?

I set the permissions of the directory so that the datafiles should now be
readable.

But when I try to display the map in my browser I get the
following error message:

mapserv(): Web application error. No template provided.

What went wrong?

Regards,
  Nicole Faust